Software Development Leader
We are looking for a natural technical leader who can get things done and has a passion for building complex enterprise systems. You will need to be comfortable to dive deep into technology and integrations to ensure the right development processes are in place and that we are designing software that fully satisfies customer requirements. Being able to set a technical vision and inspire a development team to deliver is critical. Ideally, you are a seasoned Software Development Leader looking to grow and take on the next challenge, preferably with experience in Agile, DevOps, Azure and MuleSoft technologies.
As a Software Development Leader, you will own the end to end accountability for the quality design and delivery of the software solution. As a key player, you will be instrumental in building a great development culture in line with our vision and values. You will ensure that the development team designs align with the overall architecture and development matches the agreed up on design. You will work closely with product managers, scrum masters, testing managers, architects, and your management towards delivering innovative solutions. You must be responsive, flexible, persuasive and able to succeed in an open and collaborative peer environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Own the technical design and development of multiple components of enterprise applications / software.
• Drive tactical delivery for multiple teams.
• Write great quality code with relentless passion for automated testing and validation.
• Perform and lead complex engineering activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support.
• Research, influence and implement solutions that address complex analytics needs.
• Maintain and improve CI/CD pipelines.
• Define and enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, and compliance.
• Build team competency around development life cycle, good software design practices, and architecture strategy and intent.
• Collaborate with product manager, scrum master and management to prioritize and deliver new business capabilities and/or remediate issues.
• Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions.
• Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
• Share knowledge across enterprise wide forums / communities.
• Key contributor to the culture and communication of the development team.
The successful applicant will have the following experience and skills:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years of relevant software development experience.
• Proven track record of driving product delivery from design through launch.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent collaboration skill with technical peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Experience with rapid prototyping and evaluation of customer applications.
• A track record of project delivery for large cross-functional projects.
• Experience with Git and/or Azure DevOps is required.
• Experience with Azure cloud platform is required.
• Experience with SQL platforms (e.g. SQL Server, Azure SQL, MySQL, Azure Cosmos DB) and writing SQL Scripts is preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or Online development and integration preferred.
• Knowledge of containerization tools – Docker and Kubernetes is preferred.
• Certifications in Azure and MuleSoft is preferred.
• Up to 10% travel per year.
• Experience in retail banking or financial services industry is a plus.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to be considered for this role.
Reports to: Head of Applications and Integrations
Direct Reports: Project Managers, Business Analysts
Team: Technology Solutions
Karrikin is a start-up technology organization that provides technology solutions to its holding company; Verdigris Holdings Inc., who is seeking to make banking services more accessible through a technology-enabled, community-first approach.
The Karrikin Mission is to engineer and support best in class, inexpensive automated solutions that minimize risk and exponentially enable financial institutions to better serve underbanked or unbanked customers so that one day all people will have access to financial services.
OFFICE LOCATION: SCOTTSDALE, AZ